Thursday, May 18, 2006

I have a dream

So, I've been experimenting with lucid dreaming recently. I managed it once for a couple of minutes, but got so excited at the realisation I could control my dream, I woke myself up - rubbish. The trick is to improve your dream recall so when you're dreaming, you'll remember if you had a similar dream and trigger a reality check - usually to check the time, or even look at your hands. But I've found the more you try to build this in, the more sophisticated your dreams become, so now you can tell the time and feel your body, etc.

Anyway, one thing this exercise has improved is my dream recall - before this I hadn't a decent dream in about five years, not one. Now, I'm building up quite a catalogue and these things are great. I liken it to a mild form of tripping - I was having conversations with rock stars; living out some mad tales-of-the-unexpected-type stories; and seeing designs and patterns I could never imagine in my conscious hours - highly recommended. Can't believe I was ignoring this resource for so long. Try out the stuff in this site - it opens up a whole new dimension and they ain't outlawed it yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicholarse said...

Take it you're still asleep then?

NM

1:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home